Search for a {mis}Adventure!

Friday, December 24, 2010

{mis} Adventure #6 (circa Nov 2007): A (not-so) {mis}Adventure in Portland, Oregon

Actually, this one is not quite a misadventure at all...this was a FUN encounter in an unlikely place...PDX--otherwise known as Portland International Airport.

So I'm chillin', killing time (I'm talking FIVE HOURS) between my arrival at the airport and my flight back to LaGuardia via Chicago O’Hare.  So I've set-up shop at a table in the food court eating area (read: I turned the four-person seating area into my own personal office space).  My laptop is out, I'm hammering away at my AAR (after action report) for this most recent trip & some other jazz...

...then it happens, a lone traveler's worst nightmare – I had to pee.  So then came the moral/ethical/lazy-girl's dilemma:  

Pack ALL my crap up, risk losing prime real-estate next to the only electrical outlet in a 1 mile radius (c'mon you know how stingy airports are with electrical outlets – and maybe it’s just a quarter-mile radius, but still) JUST to go to the restroom for all of 3-5 minutes lugging my two pieces of carry-on luggage and assortment of a coat, jacket, sweater and a scarf??

OR

Ask the two guys at the table in front of me if they'll mind watching my stuff for a second...

Well I chose the latter and approached the two guys (who I'll later learn are Justin & Tone) and asked if I could ask them an "awkward" question....'could you please watch my stuff?'  "Awkward?" you all think to yourselves.  What’s awkward about that?  Well in this day of terrorism & heightened security, I've actually witnessed one traveler call the TSA on another that asked him to watch her bags...so yeah, “awkward”.

Long story short, these guys were actually from Brooklyn…they're an underground rap group (called Iller than Theirs)…they were hella fun and their music is actually good.  We ended up hanging out at our gates & just BS-ing about anything and everything.

Anyways, I got a copy of their debut album, and -- surprise, surprise -- I actually LIKE it!!  If you're interested...check out their blogspot* (illerthantheirs.blogspot.com) and and if you like any of it check their songs on iTunes, or the whole album –  I have their CD and there are some songs that I really dig; like After All.  The best thing about this group is that not only do I like their sound, the lyrics are thoughtful... 


Probably my BEST misadventure EVER!!

* Note I updated this blog to reflect the current websites and info - other than that, the rest was written circa Nov 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment