Search for a {mis}Adventure!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

RaNDom Musing #23 (10 Jan 2011): The Significance of Significant Others

Soooo...there I was, texting back and forth with my friend, NJ.  As it's time to head to bed, she asks me to send her a wake-up text.  Of course I agreed, but it reminded me of a few things I miss, cherish and consider to be significant about significant others (aka SOs).

It inspired the below top 5 significant things about significant others:



5. Wake-Up Calls, Texts and Ribbings - They will tell you to turn off that GD Alarm and GET-UP! Even I, as the Snooze Queen, feel compelled to make sure that my own SO wakes up on time.  I mean...so what if I set an alarm to call / text and then go right back to sleep - only to hope or know that they will call me back to make sure I got up, too! Regular friends...if you have good ones like me, then you're covered here, too.

4.  Automatic Ringback - and I'm not talking ring tones.  Your SO has some unwritten pact that they HAVE to call you back and chat with you about your day and your current frustrations etc.  Regular friends they'll call you back, but the amount of time you get to spend on the above is not as much...something about respecting your friends' time, space etc.  Oh, and let's not forget if your regular friends, God forbid, have their own crazy-busy lives!!

3.  Free meals.  I mean, sometimes a girl doesn't want to have to pay for or prepare her own grub.

2.  Body Pillow.  Do I need to explain?

1.  The number one significant thing about significant others?  They are  *drumroll* A Built-in Adventure Buddy!! You know the song about the 90s doll?  ♪♫ My buddy, my buddy...wherever I go, he's gonna go ♫♪  Your SO kinda has no choice and is automatically signed up for any of your adventures with you.  Regular friends...not so much, they can bail, flake or are bound to their own "buddies"




What's the significance of significant others to you?!

2 comments:

  1. For the record. I think significant others are more significant than just these things, BUT these are a few of the perks that people without SOs no longer get to enjoy!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think built-in adventure buddy ranks toward the top on my list too!

    ReplyDelete